Saturday 20 September 2008

County Hotel

I'm blogging! I said I'd try despite the hecticness and here I am. One wedding down and it went really well. Marie and Pat are a lovely couple who were brought together by their obsession with music. Is there any better way to meet the person you're going to marry? I think not. The entire day reflected this through little details; mini stratocaster's on the cake, hand-made strats inlaid into the rings. You get the idea. Not one ounce of tackiness though and all very much a pleasure to be part of. The family was welcoming and helpful (shouting to round up the group photos is always greatly appreciated by us wedding togs) and I ended up staying longer than planned simply by getting into a really interesting conversation with one of them. The staff at the County Hotel were also extremely helpful. Free coffee is again graciously received. Congratulations to the newlyweds and thank you for a great day.


For those of you left in suspense over the bag issue last night... I went for the billingham. It took 30 seconds of my fiance Kate's time to totally reorganise the bag in such a way that it was spacious and comfortable. She's amazing like that. I didn't get a chance to play with the pocket wizards unfortunately which I was looking forward to as today's schedule was tight but I'm pretty happy witht the kit. Historically I'm a Canon shooter but have crossed over recently to the dark/light (chose one depending on your opinion) side of Nikon. Great great kit so far but there is something I miss about the 5D's images. This argument is long lived and no doubt I will write in some detail about it shortly but now isn't the time. The batteries are charging and the cards are uploading, all to be ready for the off tomorrow; Prestonfield house.

No comments: