Thursday 17 July 2008

all work and no play...

It's a crazy time of year for anyone involved in wedding photography and the workload is definitely piling up. It's everything around the wedding that really begins to build steadily now. The editing, coffee mornings with clients pre and post weddings., making or composing the albums and trying to stay calm when you're printer runs out of ink for the 5th time in a week. It's usually around this point in the year that an assistant (or another one as the case maybe) seems to make a lot of sense. But no worries, this is part of the process and at the end of the day it just means you're busy and getting on with making a living doing something you love. If I grumble please slap me. I love taking pictures and the fact that people are willing to pay me to do so, and trust me to be a vital part of one of the most important days of their lives, is a priviledge and I recognise it as such. That being said no one is immune to the rigmoral factor and diversity is the spice of life.

With that in mind I've been working more intently on the other aspects of photography. My street photography project in Edinburgh is going really well and introducing me to new people and places every day. Their are plenty of issues in Edinburgh the need dealing with and hopefullly I'm making a positive impact in some people lives by getting involved. My Leith project especially has been evolving since day one and right now is turning far more into a political piece based around the new tram development than I thought it would. In that part of town it's massive issue that is affecting evryone, in particular the local businesses. It's great to be involved in it and hopefully I'll be able to create a bit more awareness. Check out the Leith project gallery on my website to see some of the work.

On the lighter side I've also been indulging my passion for cycling more that I probably should recently. I'm working on a whole new portfolio based on both road and mountain biking and will be putting some work online too when I feel it's ready... and I actually get off the bike long enough to take the pictures that have been swimming in my head.

The exhibition prints are being proofed and the preparations for Henley are going well. I'll be finishing the printer review (very) soon and posting that. Hopefully I'll be setting up a print ordering system on the website that anyone can use soon. In the meantime most of the pictures are availaible to buy as prints so if you're interested just drop me an e-mail. So onwards with editing. I'll be back when I can.

No comments: